The Government has given every Primary School funding to develop Physical education and competitive sport. In our school we are using this funding by working with the Pennine Sports Partnership to:
- Increase the amount of competition sport in which our children participate.
- Make links to other community sports providers.
- Develop additional clubs and activities for children, outside the curriculum.
- Encourage our children to improve their leadership skills through sport.
- Give extra support in PE to our most talented children and include those with special needs in sport.
At Crossley Fields we have received £16869 for April 2017 to March 2018 which has been used to bring PE and sports specialist teachers and coaches in to work alongside class teachers in lessons, through our membership of Pennine Sports Partnership. In this way, our children will gain new skills and experiences and teachers will learn new techniques and knowledge to aid them in teaching sport and PE. The long term aim is higher quality lessons and improved learning for all children.
Some of our pupils were lucky enough to meet Becky Adlington at the Celebration Evening!